|Sure he does.|
1. If god tells you to nuke a foreign country that attacked us or our interests, would you do it?
2. If god tells you to nuke a foreign country that hasn't done anything to us or our interests, would you do it?
3. If god told you to nuke a US city because it was time to pull another Sodom for the history books, would you do it?
4. If god told you to imprison US citizens because they loved the same sex would you do it? If so, would you also imprison all the fishermen/women? What if god told you to do that too?
5. If the vast vast vast majority of experts in a particular field told you something that contradicted your beliefs, how would you reach a decision? If you discounted the vast vast vast majority of experts, how would you justify your decision to the general citizenry?
Personally, I think that hearing voices in your head telling you to do things should absolve you from government office. Just for the record, here are some other people that were absolutely convinced god spoke to them and they were doing gods work.
While I do not doubt that the republican candidates are relatively sane compared to these psychos, Im not comfortable wondering what kind of bat shit crazy consequences/actions the majority of republican candidates may decide to carry out. What shocks me most is that many others don't seem to worry about it.